Wednesday, August 18, 2010

River Paint Out - Day 3

Today, Vickery Creek has turned muddy brown due to last night's rain.  No inspiration there, so I went back to Island Ford area.

Looking for some exciting views, I looked out from a deck and spotted a blue boat sitting on a river bend.  The sunlight was perfectly lighting the boat and trees above it.  With the sky reflected on the water, I really liked the composition.


After about 2 hours of painting, I started hearing thunder in the distance.  The painting was done in a fast pace.  Soon it started pouring, so I had to stop and quickly pack up.  Once I got in my car and looked at the painting, I was pleased with what I'd done.



"a Blue Boat by the River"
11 x 14 in
oil on stretched canvas



At the exhibition in Island Ford Visitor Center


No comments:

Post a Comment