Sunday, March 4, 2012

Museum of Fine Arts Boston

A cold rainy Saturday is perfect for visiting museums!

Museum of Fine Arts Boston


I was very impressed with the enormous size of the museum.  The scale is equivalent to Metropolitan Museum or National Gallery.



My objective today was to see American Impressionistic paintings.  Many 19th century American Impressionist painters were active in New England area and this museum holds a large collection.  I was extremely excited to see works by my favorite artists, Childe Hassam, Robert Vonnoh, John Twachtman, and John Sargent.


"The Daughters of Edward Darley Boit" by John Sargent


"An Artist in His Studio" by John Sargent


There were many paintings I'd never seen before.





Avenue of the Arts
465 Huntington Avenue
Boston, Massachusetts 02115-5523
617-267-9300

No comments:

Post a Comment