Monday, July 30, 2012

Whale Watch!

One thing I really wanted to do now that I live in Boston was to see whales with my own eyes.

The largest animals on Earth is simply too large to be housed in any aquariums, so the only way to see them is to visit them in their habitat.

I was worried that the whales might not show themselves so readily to us, but figured even just being out in the ocean and viewing Boston from the sea would be a treat enough.


...and it was!



It was about 1 1/2 hour cruise to whale's feeding area - Stellwagen Bank.

The waiting felt long at first, it felt like it will all end in anticipation.  But a water spout was spotted, and the next thing we knew, there were whale activities all around us!



dorsal fin

diving whale

What a beautiful, exciting experience!

I'm definitely coming back out here again!!

New England Aquarium's Whale Watch Log - July 22nd

No comments:

Post a Comment